Last Modified: June 1, 2016
Accessing the Web Site and Account Security
Chemtura reserves the right to withdraw or amend this web site, and any service or material Chemtura provides on the web site, in Chemtura’s sole discretion without notice. Chemtura will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the web site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, Chemtura may restrict access to some parts of the web site, or the entire web site, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the web site.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of Chemtura’s security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this web site or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify Chemtura immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The web site and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by Chemtura, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the web site for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
- If Chemtura provides desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by Chemtura’s end user license agreement for such applications.
- If Chemtura provides social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the web site or any services or materials available through the web site.
If you wish to make any use of material on the web site other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: email@example.com.
The Chemtura name, the Chemtura logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of Chemtura or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of Chemtura. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this web site are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail", "chain letter" or "spam" or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Chemtura, a Chemtura employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Web site, or which, as determined by Chemtura, may harm Chemtura or users of the Web site or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the web site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the web site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the web site.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the web site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the web site.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the web site or for any other unauthorized purpose without Chemtura’s prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the web site.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the web site, the server on which the web site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the web site.
- Attack the web site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the web site.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the web site is made available solely for general information purposes. Chemtura does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. Chemtura disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the web site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This web site may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by Chemtura, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Chemtura. Chemtura is not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Web site
Chemtura may update the content on this web site from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the web site may be out of date at any given time, and Chemtura is under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Web site
Linking to the Web site and Social Media Features
You may link to Chemtura’s homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage Chemtura’s reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on Chemtura’s part without Chemtura’s express written consent.
This web site may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party web sites to certain content on this web site.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this web site.
- Cause limited portions of content on this web site to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party web sites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by Chemtura solely with respect to the content with which they are displayed.
Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any web site that is not owned by you.
- Cause the web site or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
- Link to any part of the web site other than the homepage.
You agree to cooperate with Chemtura in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. Chemtura reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Chemtura may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in Chemtura’s discretion.
Links from the Web site
If the web site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. Chemtura has no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party web sites linked to this Web site, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such web sites.
The owner of the web site is based in the State of Connecticut in the United States. Chemtura provides this web site for use only by persons located in the United States. Chemtura makes no claims that the web site or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the web site may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the web site from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that Chemtura cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the web site will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to Chemtura’s site for any reconstruction of any lost data. CHEMTURA WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEB SITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEB SITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEB SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEB SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER CHEMTURA NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH CHEMTURA MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEB SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER CHEMTURA NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH CHEMTURA REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEB SITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEB SITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT CHEMTURA’S SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEB SITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEB SITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
CHEMTURA HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL CHEMTURA, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEB SITE, ANY WEB SITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEB SITE OR SUCH OTHER WEB SITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEB SITE OR SUCH OTHER WEB SITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
This web site is operated by Chemtura Corporation, 199 Benson Road, Middlebury, Connecticut 06749 USA.
All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Web site should be directed to email@example.com.